Greetings from Orange City. We are settling in at the in-laws while we wait for the house to sell. Since when do realtors get 6% of the selling price? I mean, I know they make it possible for your house to sell, but seriously, 6%? You have to do what, punch a few lines of text into a pre-fab online form? Maybe go out every few days for an hour to show people the house? It's bogus. If I didn't reeeeeeeally need to sell, I'd say screw that and go "FSBO." But I digress . . .
I started work at Klay Law last week. It seems to be going reasonably well. I stay pretty busy most days. Amber's looking for a part-time job to supplement what I make at the law firm and playing with Jacen during the day. She's started walking in the mornings, and I've decided to start running with my f-i-l to stay (get back) in shape. First time out was Friday - we went three miles of which I ran about 2. I then took two days to recover over the weekend and ran again yesterday, increasing the distance I ran by about 1/4 mile. We still went about 3 miles total. I've always sort of disliked running, but it's a good feeling to know I'm not being totally worthless during the day.
Jacen is as rowdy as ever. He's started singing little kids songs, which he does whenever he's awake. Old MacDonald, Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, and others. It's really quite cute. The first week was a little rough on the sleep schedule - for all of us - but he stopped waking up between 1 and 4 am and now sleeps pretty much until 7 every day. Additionally, his room is across from his grandparents' room, so we don't necessarily have to deal with it should he wake up at 2:30 -- thanks, Dad!
We miss our friends in STL very much, but also feel like this is the place God wants us to be for this chapter of our lives. That said, we hope to make it back to STL sometime this month to take care of the house a bit and see our church family. Afscheid!
Summer Goals
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment