I started doing the crossword on Newsday.com again. In college I was doing three crosswords a day, including that one. I bumped down to one a day in law school, cuz the free paper only had one in it. Since law school, though, I haven't been doing them for some reason. Recently, I've found it provides a nice break from the daily grind of legal research and document generation that goes along with being a law clerk (again). I'm looking forward to being able to take on my own cases. Although, since I'll be licensed sometime around April, tax season might just put me under. That's a bridge to cross when I get there.
Anyway, I started this post to talk about Newsday. The puzzles at Newsday.com get progressively harder from Monday to Sunday. I don't usually do the Saturday or Sunday puzzles, but I can tell you that Friday's puzzle is usually insanely hard. Which brings me to my next point. Today's wasn't, and I was a touch disappointed. Don't get me wrong; it was harder than Monday's puzzle. But it definitely was not up to the usual Friday standard. More like a Tuesday or Wednesday. Yesterday's was much more difficult. Way to drop the ball, Newsday. Maybe I should do tomorrow's puzzle, just to get a bit of a challenge this week . . .
Summer Goals
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment