This is my first time posting on this blog. I thought I'd just let you all know what Jacen and I have been up to while Ethan is out saving the world, one legal case at a time.
The weather has been cold and rainy lately. Jacen is a pretty high energy kid, so I try to have some sort of organized activity every day, whether it's something out of the house that we go to, or a craft or activity that we do in the house. Thankfully, we've had a few big things start this week. MOPS started on Tuesday, and Coffee Break started on Wednesday. Both of those take a good chunk of the morning. Jacen loves to go and play with the other kids. At Coffee Break he is part of a Sunday School type program; they have organized lessons and crafts, and even a memory verse to learn for the next week. Today we went to the library, another favorite activity of Jacen's. He can play with the toys and do puzzles in the Story Hour room while I look for books. Today I let him get a music CD also (Veggie Tales!), which was quite exciting. He listened to it 4 times before Ethan came home for lunch.
I completed my training at Blue Mountain today. I passed all of my tests on the first try (yipee!), and have my first shift on Saturday.
Other than that, my days are pretty normal. I spend my afternoons doing laundry and cleaning, or working on my Bible Study (in addition to MOPS and Coffee Break, I'm doing Beth Moore's study of Esther). The evenings that I'm not working I've been enjoying Dancing With the Stars (my current favorites are Donny, Louie, Melissa, and Mya) and the PBS specials on the National Parks (makes me want to travel!).
"
Jacen quote of the week: "Super Duper Jacen to the rescue to save the day!!!"
Summer Goals
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment